Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm a big girl. That's for sure. Phisically, and statistically (you know...my age...bah). Since the day I was born, I knew I would be special (meaning: strange). In this case, I know I wasn't meant to be a mellow silly sissy girl. And that's true. I've been a strong girl for my self, sometimes for my friends, but most of the time for my little sister.

Now, my sister is also a big girl. She's gorgeous, unbelievably smart, and kind. Just last week, her eyes lit up by the news from a government department. She was called up to have a job interview in Jakarta. I knew she always wanted the job so badly. She worked really hard, she got sick but she stood up, got on train and had the test. She prayed and prayed. She kept telling me how proud she was being one of the eligible candidates. I was proud too. I was so sure that she was the one. She was gonna be hired.

But that was a hope. Her hope. My hope. Our hope.

The truth is: She doesn't get the job. The truth is: for them my sister is just not good enough.

I talked to her on the phone just an hour ago. I know she is crushed. I know she's devastated. So am I. So am I, little sister.

But I'm a big girl. I know people say big girls don't cry. But that's just what big stupid girls say. Big girls sometimes do cry. We sometimes too experience disappointments. I can't say anything to you now, 'cause if I say anything, guarantee I will weep harder than you :-D. Let's just enjoy this pain. It all will soon disappear, I promise. Because I know, as long as there is hope, there will be victory at last.

I'm sorry I can't be there to console you. I'm sorry I can't be there to cry all night long with you.

- big hug-
ARdi

2 comments:

  1. Quote:
    as long as there is hope, there will be victory at last

    You can say that again, Ardi..
    I couldn't agree with you more...

    Let's sing our favorite song:
    The Time of My Life by David Cook

    Holding onto things that vanished
    Into the air
    Left me in pieces
    But now I’m rising from the ashes
    Finding my wings
    And all that I needed
    Was there all along
    Within my reach
    As close as the beat of my heart

    bla...bla...bla...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ikutan ngutip lagu ah....

    "At times life is wicked and I just can't see the light
    A silver lining sometimes isn't enough
    To make some wrongs seem right
    WHATEVER LIFE BRINGS I'VE BEEN THROUGH EVERYTHING AND NOW I'M ON MY KNEES AGAIN

    But I KNOW I MUST GO ON ALTHOUGH I HURT I MUST BE STRONG
    Because inside I know that many feel this way

    [Chorus:]
    Children don't stop dancing
    Believe you can fly
    Away...away

    At times life's unfair and you know it's plain to see
    Hey God I know I'm just a dot in this world
    Have you forgot about me?
    Whatever life brings
    I've been through everything
    And now I'm on my knees again

    But I know I must go on
    Although I hurt I must be strong
    Because inside I know that many feel this way"
    (Dont Stop Dancing by : CREED)

    lagi ah...

    "Cuz I'm hopeful, yes I am, hopeful for today,
    Take this music and use it
    Let it take you away,
    And be hopeful (hopeful) and he'll make a way
    I know it ain't easy but that's okay.
    Let's be hopeful! "
    (Hope by : Twista feat faith Evans)

    Lagu2 penghuni tetap music playerku...

    SEMANGAT...!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete